Health & Wellness
Many students continue to struggle with food insecurity. At Perkins we work with local community organizations and student organizations to provide creative solutions to address their needs. In addition we address dietary needs including food allergies and lifestyle choices such as vegan & vegetarian. We offer the dietary and nutritional expertise and experience to support identified wellness goals of our clients.
52 Fit Program
Focuses on maintaining a healthy lifestyle that includes healthy dining options to support both physical and mental balance.
Perkins Management is very reflective of our impact on the environment. The Perkins Difference can be found in how we deliver our services. We are committed to a policy of incorporating sustainability practices into the planning, design, management, renovation, and maintenance of our managed dining facilities. These practices are directly geared toward the 9 impact areas for ASTEM/APEX: staff management and environmental policy, communications, waste, energy, air quality, water, procurement, and community partners. We inspire Sustainability and Green Practices throughout all of our services. Sustainability and green practices that are incorporated into operations include, but are not limited to:
- Ensuring Sustainable food purchases from local, regional and third-party certified vendors, with a focus on procuring and sourcing food from local farmers and farmer markets;
- Implementing and maintaining continuous sustainable menu options including but not limited to “grass-fed beef, organic yogurt, humane chicken and cage-free eggs;
- Use of eco-friendly cleaning supplies, products and practices;
- Running a comprehensive recycling program at managed facilities;
- Implementing Eco-friendly, reusable take-out container program;
- Ensuring all on-site staff members are trained in practices of Sustainable operations;
- Using energy management systems such as lighting and motion sensors, to reduce the overall energy usage;
- Using low-emitting volatile organic compound (VOC) paints, adhesives, carpets, etc., that reduce indoor air contamination;
- Partnering with community groups on Sustainability and Green initiatives;
- Maximizing natural light and ventilation throughout dining facilities;
- Using materials for renovations, food packaging, etc., that are made up of a targeted post-consumer recycled content;
Reusable carryout container made from recycled materials. Return the old container for cleaning and sanitizing and get a new container upon each visit.